Football Team Manager – Job Description
- To ensure all off field football matters are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner for the team managers grade of competition.
- Provide administrative support to the coach and any football staff.
- Support the coaching staff to make sure the required administrative and support arrangements are in place so that coaches and players can concentrate on the game.
- Ensure all players are either currently registered with the League or has an approved clearance from previous Club
- Provide the Secretary with a list, in jumper number order, of all players and keep all players lists updated as every change is made
- Ensure other support staff has been appointed and are in attendance as required
- Ensure the integrity of best and fairest voting in accordance with Club policy
Game day responsibilities
The following list of duties is intended to be used as a guide to assist Team Managers in completion of their duties each Saturday. Duties may be varied to reflect an individuals time commitment or the role as negotiated with the team Coach.
- Complete, sign and give to umpire in accordance with league rules.
- Ensure all players named on team sheet including runner and trainers and water boys are registered.
- Full names are required, first and surname.
- Ensure tally is kept during match.
- Goal kickers are to be recorded on the days running sheet.
- Goal kickers to be given to the opposition team manager or secretary at away matches and goal kickers obtained from the opposition at home matches.
Club best & fairest
- Vote cards are to be distributed prior to the match and collected after the match.
- Best players are to be given to the opposition at away games and details of their best players got from them at home matches (Check league rules)
- Ensure players property is collected prior to each game and safely secured during matches.
- Prior to home matches, ball is to be given to the umpire for inspection.
- Ensure ball is returned after the completion of the match.
- As per BFNL procedures
- Check with umpires within 10 minutes of finish of game that there were no reports (“all Clear”).
- If reports collect report and return to Secretary and advise any player involved that he will be required to attend the tribunal.
- Supports the coaches and match committee and other football staff as appropriate
Castlemaine Football Netball Club Inc.
Ph:0438 742 680